Thursday, May 29, 2014

Carrie: Day 10&11 - Let the boredom begin...

Well, thank goodness the weekend is just one day away - I've been so busy with the medical planning course that I have had zero time to pursue any interesting food choices! I'm SO ready to get home and be done with this hotel mini-fridge business... 8 days!! Also, in case anyone is looking for some new recipes, I was chatting with a vegan girl in my class today and she recommended ohsheglows.com - I obviously haven't had the chance to try any of the recipes, but I took a look and there are definitely some interesting items on there! Might be worth a few minutes to browse and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Wednesday for lunch I tried to mix up the foods in my fridge and put together a brown rice and avocado wrap with the whole wheat tortillas. Not terrible, but man it needed some vinegar, lemon juice, ANYTHING to add a little something.

Thursday was actually the first day I managed to forget my lunch... Oops! I went back to Subway for another veggie delight. After Wednesday's lunch episode, I sure was glad to have access to some sauce - even if it was just vinegar! The veggies were pretty fresh and the bread nice and soft, so all-in-all it was probably a pretty good day to accidentally leave my lunch in the hotel! For dinner, I put some of the kale and black bean soup from last week over brown rice. Added a little extra and was very satisfying.

This weekend I will be studying and writing up briefs that are due for next week, but I am going to try to get out there and try some interesting new choices!

Tracking:
Wednesday
Morning pulse - 48
Daily breakdown - 51% carbs, 37% fat, 12% protein
Water consumption - 120 oz

Thursday
Morning pulse - 54
Daily breakdown - 60% carbs, 29% fat, 11% protein
Water consumption - 140 oz

In other news, one of my fellow officers had a meatball sandwich at lunch, and for once I didn't feel the urge to snatch it out of his hands and bury my face in it - I think they call that progress?

xoxo
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. I think that the meatball sub eating fellow had it coming if you snatched it ; ) ...20 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling your pain of being in a hotel for so long. Doesn't take long for the charm to wear off ... there will be cheers all around when you finally announce you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to deal with forgetting lunch is a real pain.

    ReplyDelete