Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lee V-Day 5: Godzilla

Day 5 (Friday, 23 May) was a great day...plenty of sleep, exercise, time with kids, and Godzilla!

This day marked the first of a long holiday weekend and so I was able to sleep until I woke up (rather than awakening to the alarm)...practically, the difference in times is negligible, but the element of choice makes for a great start to the day. Next week, the moving company will send a packing team to begin my move of household goods to storage in preparation for my relocation to St. Louis in July; consequently, this long weekend is dedicated to getting ready for the move ("trash or treasure", laundry, bringing personal things from the office back home, etc.). A quick review of the weekend weather indicated that if I intended to mow\trim one last time before the movers arrive, then Friday was the day...so two hours or so later, the yard, fence line, shrubs, and bushes looked great and my trusty Fitbit captured all of the activity. The household move preparation continued through the day until the kids arrived home from school...a quick social huddle quickly evolved a plan for the evening...Godzilla! Before family night at the movie, my son, Alex, had one final baseball practice for the season (last game is early next week). The girls and I provided a cheering section and tossed the ball around while the team practiced, then we piled into the Suburban for the movie...Live Oak Movie Theater was packed as X-Men is in opening weekend status, but we able to buy our tickets and secure great seats twenty minutes before the movie started, but as we engaged the concession stand, I had my own Godzilla-like food damage choices...Tortilla Chips and Queso with jalapenos, Nestle Buncha Crunch, Goobers, Pizza, Hot Dog or Hamburger, ...all tasty violations...and bypassed. While French Fries were available and permissible, I passed because that choice took too much time in cooking (and not particularly good either, if I recall...better to drive-thru McDonalds on the way home!). Each of the kids ordered a hot dog and popcorn (no butter so Dad could share...that's my girl!) and the best fit that I found was the plain, salted, large pretzel...and a Coke Zero. In terms of a fun, frolicking film, Godzilla was great on the big screen and like the protagonist, I had a chance to appreciate that sometimes the damage that you do not do, is the better course to follow and what will be remembered most.

P.S. 12-grain Peanut Butter Banana sandwich is a great, quick snack\meal!

Day 5 Scorecard:

2,262 Calories Consumed, 11,603 Fitbit steps yielding 294 calorie credits

Breakfast (62 Calories):
Orange
Coffee, Splenda

Lunch (538 Calories)
Uncle Ben's Cajun Style Rice
Sweet Tea, 16 ounces

Snacks\Dinner (1,662 Calories)
Cashews, 1/4 cup
Banana
Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon
Bread, 12-grain, 2 slices
Pretzel
Popcorn
McDonald's French Fries, Medium

2 comments:

  1. Love PB and banana sandwiches - one of my favs before or after a run!

    ...may I also recommend a recent Jimmy Kimmel video, where he managed to convince people on the street that Godzilla is based on actual events. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! ...or a herd of 30-day vegans looking for a burger! ; )

    ReplyDelete