Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 4 - Green on the Plate




OK, here comes the hard part, four days away from work.  It is easy thru the week, my apple and maybe a few pistachios with coffee get me through the day. This weekend I will need to plan ahead to keep on the vegan track.  I think an English muffin with tomato & avocado sounds great for the morning.

I had my apple this morning with a few pistachios and two cups of coffee. I missed my afternoon coffee. I got wrapped up in email and student portfolios.

The great part was what was waiting at home :-). Tonight we had a great baked sweet potato, rubbed with Himalayan salt, beets with toasted walnuts and walnut balsamic dressing, and sautéed spinach with hot pepper vinegar.  Desert was sliced nectarines and kiwi.  It was all topped off with a glass of Pinot Noir. 

The added greens contribute calcium and vitamin A. The sweet potato added more vitamin A and vitamin C.  I need to add some protein, maybe beans are on the menu tomorrow.

I think the thing I am missing the most is dairy (cheese especially). OK, let’s see what the weekend brings.

Bon appétit.

1 comment:

  1. your dinners always look great!

    Did you rub the salt on the outside of the potato, or cut it open?

    ReplyDelete