Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mark: yeast is vegan

I don't pre-plan these projects - I just jump into them. Because that's so much more fun. But I know so little about eating vegan, I suddenly had a bit of a panic attack - I didn't know if yeast was vegan! Would I be able to bake bread?

So I asked Uncle Google and this is what I found:

Question: Is Yeast Vegan?

Can Vegans Eat Yeast?

Answer: Yes. Yeast, like mushrooms, are eukaryotic micro-organisms classified in the Fungi kingdom, which in layman's terms means that yeast is not derived from animal products or classified as an animal and is thus vegan-friendly.

Source: http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/dairyfreebasics/f/Do_Vegans_Eat_Yeast.htm

Yay! Saved! I'll be whipping up some basic white bread tonight in preparation for tomorrow's opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment