Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mark: Day 10

We're one third done with our diet!

Breakfast was oatmeal made with soy milk and blueberries again (242 cal) and a banana (90 cal) mid-morning.

Lunch was Sicilian Tomato Salad (82 cal) and an almond butter sandwich on my homemade white bread (237 cal).

Mid-afternoon I ate a bag of peanuts (260 cal).

I was pretty excited about dinner because I finally got my shipment of Indian spices - mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and some other things I don't really know what they are, just that they are called for in my Indian cookbook and I didn't have them on hand).

So I made mixed vegetable curry (182 cal) - made with cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, chilies, green beans peas, and carrots. I had a beer while making dinner and one with dinner (320 cal).

vegan - day 10

It was quite good! Nice, mild flavor.

vegan - day 10

Along with the curry we had hot and sour noodle soup (324 cal). Can't say I was crazy about this dish. Not a lot of flavor. I intentionally didn't put much spice in because Kandie can't eat hot foods, but even so, there just wasn't much there.

vegan - day 10

Dessert was going to be a fired banana, but it made it's way into Day 11's lunch.

For exercise I mowed the lawn, which wasn't exciting, but was necessary.

Day summary:

Calories consumed: 1,896
Calories burned: 431 - 11,271 steps
Weight: 168.6

Protein    55g
Carbs    220g
Fat          60g

Still feeling good, but worrying maybe the weight loss is from muscle loss given the lower protein intake.

2 comments:

  1. Here is a very good series of reader-friendly papers on protein. I think the points are all well laid out, and this guy isn't selling anything. (At least not in these articles, I think he has some DVDs of his lectures and cooking classes).

    http://www.jeffnovick.com/RD/Q_%26_As/Entries/2013/9/9_Which_Has_More_Protein__100_Calories_of_Broccoli%2C_Steak%2C_Romaine_or_Kale.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the 4-5 short papers linked at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete