Friday, May 30, 2014

Debbie: Day 12

The morning started off on a bit of a grumpy note, when I woke to find that there was no soy milk at Chris's house.  He had poured me a coffee, but I passed it by rather than drink it black.  I left early in order to grab something at the office or my Keene house before my first visit, which ended up being a banana and a little box of raisins, an hour later.  There wasn't time to cook oatmeal or even toast bread.  Hmph.  212 calories.

Lunch was a favorite, curried beans and brown rice with added vegetables (spinach and green beans).  I also had a side of raw snap peas and red pepper slices.  311 calories.

I seem to be on a rice kick!  There are cute little baby potatoes, lovely golden sweet potatoes, and whole wheat pasta in several attractive shapes in the pantry, but rice is what calls me.

Snacks ... I admit, I bought another package of seaweed snacks.  I saw the kirkland brand which had 5x as much for only 69 cents.  I really wasn't sure I'd ever eat it, but there it was in the snack bin in the car.  Yeah, they are weird.  But tasty in a weird way.  Other snacks were the rest of the red peppers and some freeze dried pineapple Chris got me.  Snack total, 94 calories.

Dinner: Corn cut off the cob with a spoonful of hot spicy peach salsa; sweet potato with a dash of maple syrup; rice, romaine salad, and asparagus.  I had a sip of Chris's blueberry soda.  The kids had cheeseburgers, hash browns, and some romaine salad with dressing and cheese on top.  Chris snacked on cheese and fudge and made himself a cheeseburger and hash browns, but didn't eat them in front of me.  (Thank you!)  449 calories.

Dark chocolate with cranberries was available, but I didn't have any.  I found when I ate whole-foods vegan before, that I desired less and less unhealthy stuff.  I think that is what happened tonight too.  I searched for a desire to open the chocolate, but it just wasn't there.

Total calories for the day, 1066.  I felt satisfied but not overfull.  Nice.
Protein 26.6 grams, 11% of calories.



1 comment:

  1. got to say the sea weed sounds weird. I've had sushi, so I've had sea weed, but eating it alone... have you made kale chips? I did that once while I was on my $3 diet, but they were expensive and a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete