Monday, May 19, 2014

Mark: Day 1 - start packing

Day 1 came on the heals of a very busy Day 0. So late last night I was trying to think of what I would bring with me to work, because I knew there would be little I could buy once I was out of the house that would satisfy the requirements of the diet.

So this is what is what I packed for work today:

vegan - day 1

I had to go across town for a very early medical appointment, so I ate a banana (105 cal) in the car while I drank my black coffee (6 cal).

When I got to work, I ate the bowl of peanuts (2 oz, 263 cal).

Lunch was a salad of 168 g of chopped fresh tomatoes (44 cal), 1/2 a chopped cucumber, skin on (7 cal), and 32 g of baby spinach (5 cal), served with some balsamic vinaigrette. And the bagel (260) with one tbsp of peanut butter (90 cal).

I had some afternoon coffee, also black, that I made at work.

For dinner I threw together a vegetable chili using canned black, small white, and pinto beans; onions and green pepper fried in canola oil; chopped mushrooms; and frozen corn. And spices of course. I estimated one serving at about 300 cal. Served with a side of brown rice (160 cal). I also had a Fireman's 4 (beer, 160 cal) with dinner.

At work I like to drink flavored seltzer water (my soda substitute - I gave up cola and other real sodas during the $3 Diet), so I had a couple of those today.

Right now I'm drinking a Full Moon Pale Rye Ale (160 cal) while I write this and before I head up to bed.

Eating today was a bit reminiscent of the $3 Diet. It took planning, and there wasn't any meat - both of which I frequently experienced when I was trying to cut back on cost. I think I will try to ring up a cost analysis later in the week. I am curious to see if eating vegan is cheaper.

I didn't get to bake my bread (sorry Debbie!) but will definitely try to tomorrow. I think I'd like to make a breakfast bread - we'll see. I would like to break through my weight loss wall over these next 30 days and get to my target weight of 165. This morning I weighed in at 174.5 - a bit higher than I had been lately, but there's some excuses there - I had a tooth pulled last week and I had to eat a lot of ice cream as a result.


Day 1 Summary
Total calories: 1,650 (no meat or meat products!)
Exercise calories: 29 (I only hit 6,714 steps)
Weight: 174.5

Looking forward to the experience and enjoying my co-blogger's posts, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment