Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Debbie - Day 8

I had a busy day yesterday (Monday, Memorial Day) and did not track calories.  I stayed with vegan eating, despite the holiday.

Here's my best memory of what I ate.

Breakfast:  I made blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes for everybody else, but had coffee, fruit, and oatmeal for breakfast.  The oatmeal had cranberries and pecans.

We were too busy with shopping and yard work and didn't take time out for lunch.  Snacking included celery sticks with red pepper hummus, tortilla chips, popcorn, and fresh fruit.

The garden is coming along great.  It was too wet to get a delivery of topsoil from a local farm, but we went over and got a tour of all their greenhouses, including a below-ground greenhouse.  Inspiring!  The task du jour was figuring out a system to pump water from the river up to the garden.

Dinner was vegetarian baked beans, plain corn on the cob, watermelon, and a homemade no-oil quinoa, rice, and black bean salad with snap peas, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs.  The kids had cheeseburgers and ice cream.

With all the work I did, the net calories were probably well under my 1300 target.

Three days with my non-vegan eaters and I really didn't feel deprived!  Avoiding the snack foods like tortilla chips is difficult, but I didn't find it hard this time to go without meat, pancakes, ice cream, or coffee creamer.  It helps a great deal to have Chris on board and supportive!

I'm feeling a bit of a green vegetable deficit.  That's my only complaint.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment