Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lee V-Day 10: "ummmm, this IS a tasty burger!"

Channeling my own Jules, of Pulp Fiction fame (Samuel L. Jackson), I found a Denny's "Build Your Burger" worthy, in context, of a characterization long attributed on film to a Big Kahuna Burger: Pulp Fiction: Burgers

Denny's Veggie Burger, certified by (gold standard?) PETA: Peta: Happy Cow & Chain Restaurants, in a format supported by the "Build Your Burger" process (my choices: whole wheat bun, sautéed onions and mushrooms, pickles, and bourbon sauce...no cheese!...provided a wonderful 1/3 done way station in my vegan experience. The combination of ingredients and, compliments to the chef at the Schertz Denny's , preparation yielded a very good dining experience for our last baseball game of the season celebration (Alex's BVYA Red Sox won 14-5 to go 12-1 for the season!)...and make up for missing normal dinner time. If I could have changed one aspect of the burger, I would make the veggie patty thicker as though it were replicating a 1/4 or 1/3 pound hamburger as the veggie pattie was fairly small and seemed to fragment as I was eating it.

Day 10 Box Score:

2,007 calories consumed, 114 calories earned through 8,064 Fitbit steps

Breakfast\Snacks:  (295 calories)
Banana, 1
Cashews, 1/4 cup
Water

Lunch: (822 calories)
Spaghetti Pasta (leftover)
Plain Spaghetti sauce (leftover)
Water

Dinner: (890 calories)
Denny's Veggie Burger
French Fries
Diet Coke

My Loseit! App provides a breakout of nutrients to the extent that the information is loaded in their database. According to my report from yesterday, I ate 308 grams of carbohydrates and 66 grams of protein...I sure that some fat was in there (cashews?), but Loseit! only reports what it knows.

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment