Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mark: T-1

So here we are on the verge of our next experiment with food and nutrition!

I started the year with the $3 Diet as part experiment, part effort to get control over my nutritional health. I've sustained some of the gains from the experiment - I've lost 26 pounds and seen relevant nutritional indicators greatly improve.

But I also feel myself hitting a hard plateau, and I can't seem to break through to a new level. So I've invited some colleagues and friends to collaborate with me on a new project - to eat vegan for 30 days, starting tomorrow.

Now I know there are lots of people who eat vegan all the time, so this isn't really an experiment in the way $3 Diet was. But it is an experiment for me, and it is for the folks who are joining me.

Making eating a project helps keep it front and center in my mind, and until I really get to where I want to be, I think I'll have to keep coming up with these little experiment/experiences to keep my focus.

If you're a vegan, please feel free to comment and share advice for us either in the comments sections of this blog, or on our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/30-Day-Vegetables/304492966342044

Even if you're not a vegan, feel free to comment and make suggestions to help us along.

Once again, we'll have my co-blogger from $3 Diet, Kerryn Story, RD, giving us some coaching on how to do this safely and healthily.

This should be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment