Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Linda - Day 3



It is great to have a partner in this venture, my husband Steve, who helps me to imagine what to do to with the food and makes this more exciting.  Tonight's menu consisted of:
Spaghetti squash with sautéed red bell peppers, jalapeños, cilantro, and tomatoes in olive oil
Toasted Baggett with spiced olive oil
Mixed fruit (strawberries, kiwi, pecans, & pistachio date rolls)
& a glass of well chilled Mendoza Chardonnay.

I have to say I love him bunches but did just notice that the place setting is not what it is supposed to be. Hey, I wasn't paying any attention to that when I sat down to what was a very tasty meal.   Although, I did always make the boys correct it when they would set the table.  Yes, I am a little picky when it comes to those things...OK a lot picky, I am sure the boys would say.  The funny thing is it's not as much about the rules, although I am a rules girl, as the aesthetics, symmetry, and the art of the perfect place setting.

Looking forward to tomorrow's experience.
Bon Appétit



2 comments:

  1. looks good - what about the rest of the day?

    I agree with you on the importance of aesthetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had coffee x 3 and an apple in the morning.

    ReplyDelete