Monday, May 26, 2014

Carrie: Day 7

Didn't make it over to the vegan bistro, instead decided I was in the mood for Greek food... And boy, was it tasty! The greens were a mix of chopped spinach, arugula, broccoli, and brussel sprouts, and I topped it off with falafel, hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, with a Greek vinaigrette on top. YUM.
Afterwards, I stopped by the somewhat famous Georgetown Cupcake shop. I had already researched it, and every day they have one vegan cupcake flavor available. Sunday's flavor is apple cinnamon - delicious! I realized this was the first time I've had any sweets since starting, but I hadn't missed it... Until I tasted that frosting. Oh my goodness. Heaven!
I then went to see some family for dinner. Since they were having grilled chicken, my uncle was nice enough to throw some fresh vegetable skewers on the grill for me. Tasty! I topped it off with a piece of corn on the cob and a few yummy Dogfish Head beers - I hadn't had the Indian Brown Ale before, but I was impressed. Great flavor made for a great combo with the veggies!
Overall it was a great day, and I can honestly say I didn't feel like I was missing anything because of all the delicious substitutes available.

Tracking:
Morning pulse - 54
Daily breakdown - 67% carbs, 23% fat, 10% protein (little high in carbs because of the beers)
Water consumption - 100 oz (was out and about from 11 am - 11 pm so a little less water than normal)

I have to work a lot on Monday, so not sure I'm going to have time to try anything fancy. We'll see! Until tomorrow...

xoxo
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment