Tuesday, May 20, 2014



Linda - Day 2 - Not so bad!

I started the morning with coffee, gotta' have my coffee. I had a total of 3 cups today with sugar substitute and I dropped the non-dairy creamer.  I decided it was better without cream than with the fake substitute.  It is a definite calorie saver.  I had a wonderfully crisp, juicy, and tart Granny Smith apple mid-morning. My salad tonight included crisp romaine lettuce, fresh strawberries (also had a couple of these with morning coffee), tomatoes, walnuts, fresh avocado slices, dried jalapeños, & the Sun Dried Tomato Balsamic dressing.  A few pieces of toasted baggett (not pictured) and spiced olive oil for dipping. Oh, and let's not forget a glass of red wine to top it off.

I hydrate with raspberry green tea throughout the evening and night, not a change.  I actually have not missed the meat.  I think this is because I like all different types of food (my Southern roots) and it may have something to do with the fact that I have not been subjected to the intoxicating aroma of a grilling side of beef or sizzling bacon.  Ohhhh! Bacon. 

I do best with small amounts during the day and a filling meal at dinner time.  So I won't be packing numbers of boxes for work but just attempting to make sure I don't forget my trusty and tasty apple.

Did I mention I am a creature of habit.  I will probably have that apple every day for at least a week before I switch to something else.  I am thinking tomorrow maybe the Spaghetti Squash for dinner.

I will be tracking my weight and posting at the end (scary thought). 

It really helps to have the support of my colleagues on this little adventure.
Mark, I want to know how that "not-cream" sauce turned out.
Bon appétit

2 comments: