Monday, May 26, 2014

Mark: Day 7

vegan - day 7

Day 7 started out with some fried bananas (90 cal) - fried with just cooking spray - love eating bananas this way. You need to have some time because you need to fry them on medium low for about fifteen minutes, and you need to watch them. But it's worth it - when they start to caramelize, that's when you yank them and I really enjoy them by themselves.

I also had a couple of left over johny cakes (212 cal) and a few cups of black coffee (9 cal).

After church I went out for 5.8 mile run, and then spent an hour or so sweeping and mopping.

vegan - day 7

Lunch was late and a bit of improvisation - grilled russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, onion, and cauliflower with soy, Worcestershire sauce, canola oil, and some spices. Then I dashed some chili sauce on top. 480 cal for the veges, 160 for the rice. A bit calorie heavy, but it was pleasant.

vegan - day 7

Dinner was a spinach salad with balsamic vinegar (25 cal) and

vegan - day 7

garlic pita chips (220 cal) with some more of the homemade hummus (163 cal) we made the other day.

I had a couple glasses of wine (350 cal) with/after dinner, and a beer on the porch to watch the thunderstorm.

Day summary:

Calories consumed: 2,283
Calories burned: 1,191 calories - 21,454 steps
Weight: 168.7

The pain in my stomach seems to have faded - so I think it was from the antibiotics I had been on. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good. Not particularly deprived. I miss cheese more than I miss meat, and not being able to use milk is a nuisance. But otherwise, all is well.

1 comment: