Thursday, May 29, 2014

Debbie - Day 11: More snack experiments

A very busy work day, five visits in five locations with about four hours of driving.  And I fit in attending a "store" put on by some fifth graders, where I bought a couple of snacks after confirming what was vegan.  Eating was in the car, except for dinner.  I found couple more interesting snack items at a quick mid-day stop.

Breakfast: The last of my hot cereal, and four large strawberries.  334 calories.

Lunch: Leftover quinoa salad (quinoa, rice, black beans, pine nuts, snap peas, grape tomatoes, herbs), about two cups; a full cup of steamed kale with balsamic glaze, and a large banana.  348 calories.

Snacks: Air popped popcorn and three little vegan cookies (oatmeal cinnamon peanut butter), at the kids' store; celery sticks; two squares of dark vegan chocolate.  And two new items.

1 - Rosemary baked lentil chips.  Not bad, would eat again.
2 - Beanitos chipotle BBQ black bean chips.  Tasty and spicy.

These last two indulgences were a little more calorie heavy than I thought.  Not something to do every day.  Total snack calories 581.

Dinner:  I wasn't hungry for dinner but had a cup of tea and a few pieces of steamed broccoli and snap peas.  Chris had a vegan dinner with me.  23 calories.

Total for the day 1285.   9% protein, and the proportion of fat was too high (25%) -- the result of spending my calories on snack foods rather than more nutrient dense fare.  If I had spent those fat calories on more beans and greens, my protein would have been up in the 12-14% range.


1 comment: