Saturday, May 24, 2014

Carrie: Day 5 - Cheers to Beers

Last night I finally had the spare time to head out for some delicious beer. If you've ever been to DC and are in a beer-tasting mood, you probably already know that RFD in Chinatown is the place to go! Over 100 different kinds available from all over the world. If you haven't been and enjoy good beer, be sure to stop over on your next trip! I was intending to taste 3 or 4, but after starting off with my favorite - Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone - I quickly noticed that this vegan experiment has turned me in to quite the lightweight! So I opted to try one new one - the Game of Thrones Fire and Ice - but was done after that. Wasn't impressed with the Fire and Ice - a lot of flavor, but I was sensing a bit of a fruity flavor that for me didn't belong. Oh well. Will have to try to pop back over before I leave to sample a few more!

Other than discovering my new lightweight status, yesterday was a bit rough. We had several hours of briefings at the Pentagon and the conference room area we were stuck in didn't have any food available. I had eaten Grape Nuts and a banana for breakfast, but since my body is used to a mid-morning snack, I was ravenous by 10. Really wish I had brought anything with me to tide me over until I was able to get food after 2. These things happen though.

Tracking:
Morning pulse - 48 again
Daily breakdown - 38% carbs, 50% fat, 12% protein (probably since I ate less fruit than usual; this is for food only since I didn't have an accurate way to enter the beers)
Water consumption - 140 oz

If I finally figured out how to correctly add photos from my iPad, photos of the beer I had should appear (in case anyone is interested in tasting them).

xoxo
Carrie



1 comment:

  1. ABA is a favorite among the Army-Baylor faculty as well!

    ReplyDelete