Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mark: Day 2


This is what I lugged to work today. Kandie was complaining to me that these crazy diets I do create a lot of dishwashing work for her (we divide labor that way - I cook, she cleans. So my diet crazes are more work for me, but they have the negative externality of being more work for her, too).

For breakfast I had coffee (7 cal), a banana (105 cal), and one of my favorite vegetarian/vegan meals, sesame peanut noodles (337 cal per serving). The noodles aren't supposed to be breakfast, but I've never been a traditional breakfast guy. I've always preferred to eat leftovers for breakfast.

Vegan - day 2

Vegan - day 2

Vegan - day 2

Lunch was left over vege chili (300 cal) from yesterday and rice (160 cal), as well as a spinach salad (5 cal) with cucumbers (7 cal) and tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette (30 cal). I also had 6 oz of baby carrots (90 cal) as a snack.

Vegan - day 2

I had a Blue Moon (160 cal) when I got home from work and started cooking dinner for the family. I've been wanting to make some sort of cream sauce with the soy milk, but Kandie is balking at the idea. So instead I made wheat gameli (a twisty pasta - 210 cal) with portabella and onion Marsala sauce (127 cal).

vegan - day 2

vegan - day 2

vegan - day 2

vegan - day 2

We also had some baked acorn squash sprinkled with garam masala (86 cal). And I had two glasses of white wine (241 cal) with/after dinner. It was such a nice night, Kandie and I sat out on the deck to eat.

vegan - day 2

Not too hard today. Doing some creative thinking for dinner, but so far, so good. I'm gonna get to that cream sauce at some point. Might have to wait for a day when Kandie is not dining with me.

I baked bread for tomorrow - raisin molasses wheat bread - I'll save those pictures for tomorrow's post.

So summary for the day -

Total calories: 2,060
Exercise calories: 0 - I didn't get to exercise, and my fitbit battery died, so I don't know how many steps I had.
Weight: 172.5 - I think this is stuff getting out of my system. I think "normal" for me right now is about 171. So maybe in a couple days I'll be back to normal, and then I can hopefully start seeing some improvement. 

4 comments:

  1. My standard "cream" sauce is soy milk, cashew butter, and toasted onion powder. I add herbs, Table Tasty (a salt free seasoning), or spices to change it up from there. A bit sweet, but using unsweetened soy milk helps with that. I used this a lot in my first weeks and months eating vegan, but I rarely make it anymore. I have gotten past wanting a creamy sauce or dressing on things. Maybe I will whip up a batch this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, people tend to balk when you tell them you're cooking with soy milk/vegetarian/vegan/anything they're not used to. I've found that when I've made items for other people and just not told them about the ingredients until later, the standard response I get is, "Those were vegan cookies? No way! They were delicious!" So definitely at least save her some vegan cream sauce to try... I have a feeling she'll be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, your Vegan choices look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peanut noodles look delicious! I'd love to try them out myself.

    ReplyDelete