Friday, May 23, 2014

Debbie - Day 5: Thai Lunch

Another day home sick, but feeling a tad better so I was able to stop by my office and do some errands.  I was hoping to tackle the downstairs storage room as a first major step towards moving, but ehhhh.  I didn't feel THAT good.

A great day for vegan eating, and much more typical for me.

Breakfast: About a cup of cubed watermelon, a full cup of Wheatena with chopped prunes, soy milk, and maple syrup.  232 calories.

Lunch: Out doing errands, I was able to to go my favorite, fantastic Thai vendor cart in Brattleboro, VT.  Three Thai fresh rolls with chili dipping sauce,  half an order of vegan low-oil red curry with vegetables and tofu, half a cup of jasmine rice.  535 scrumptious calories.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taste-of-Thai/130871080345453?rf=156757011064304

Snack: on my way to Bow I had a coffee -- sweetened, with soy milk -- and a large cracker-like flatbread: "Engine 2 diet original flatbread."  I bought these today because they purported to be whole foods vegan.  Seemed dubious, but the main ingredients were whole wheat flour and crushed sunflower seeds.  It was tasty with the coffee.  I tallied my calories for cough drops here with the snacks too.  Snacks were 282 calories.

Dinner: We had to make a couple of trips out to Concord high school to deliver dry clothes and pick up freshman son at track meet, so dinner was late and on the fly.  I shared my leftover Thai curry with Chris, so my portion was mostly rice (about a cup) and the curry sauce with a few veggies.  I also had a pear.  290 calories.

I also drank about 10 cups of herbal tea throughout the day to soothe my throat and sinuses.

Total calories 1,339.

No comments:

Post a Comment