Sunday, May 25, 2014

Carrie: Day 6

Mixed it up a bit today - had a lot of errands to run, so walked several miles. After I picked out a birthday gift for my friend's 2-year-old, I was hungry for lunch so I googled the 5 or so restaurants that were in the near area. I quickly found that Noodles and Company had the most vegan selections from all the options (7 different dishes) so I popped in there for some Japanese Pan Noodles. Not exactly 5-star dining, but still pretty tasty.


For dinner, I went to an old friend's house, who was nice enough to cook a vegan chili and white rice, even though I both offered to bring something AND her husband was less than excited about the lack of meat. Dessert was delicious fresh strawberries she had picked with her son that morning, along with some tasty red wine I had picked up at World Market. Forgot to take a picture to post here, but overall was very satisfying!

Tracking:
Morning pulse - 60 (I'm guessing from the beer the night before)
Daily breakdown - 71% carbs, 19% fat, 10% protein (Noodles and Company was satisfying, but probably not something I should be eating every day)
Water consumption - 120 oz

Tomorrow I have dinner with some family, and I'm hoping to get over to try a highly-rated vegan bistro. Yum!

xoxo
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. There was a noodle house near Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center before it closed (FAMC, not the noodle house). I used to love eating there. It was in a re purposed taco bell. The owner used to run the counter. I went there for my last lunch before I left Colorado. He would always give me a big discount, but when I told him I was leaving the next day, he gave me my meal for free. I hope he is still in business.

    ReplyDelete