Monday, June 2, 2014

Carrie: Day 12,13,14&15

Spent the weekend at a friend's house so wasn't tracking or blogging, so here goes...

Friday - Ok Friday I wasn't at my friend's house, I just got back from class, fell asleep at 6 pm, and didn't budge until 6 am. I haven't been sleeping well in the hotel, but I guess I didn't realize how tired I was... Just needed a total sleep binge!

Saturday - After the great sleep, I grabbed lunch on the way to my friend's house. I wanted to go back to the vegetarian pizza place, but I didn't realize the owners are a very orthodox Jewish family so the restaurant is closed from sunset on Friday evening to sunset on Saturday evening. I had to improvise, so I just kept walking another half mile or so and came upon a Thai place. Turns out there are very limited vegan options in Thai restaurants, so I ended up going with a vegetarian fried rice minus the fish sauce and egg. It was actually very good, and the tofu was cooked very well.
For dinner, my friend made bean and vegetable burritos. Very tasty! Luckily, her 2-year-old, Liam, is a big fan of bell peppers, tortillas, and beans, so everyone was happy. Well, except her hubs, who once again was pretty miffed there wasn't any meat around. Haha. After dinner, Liam wanted to show me some of his favorite toys, some white and green balls. I'll admit, it seriously cracked me up when he tripped and fell on said toy balls, then yelled, "Oh no, my balls!!" Kids.

Sunday - after my second night in a row of great sleep, I had promised Liam a trip to the pond so he could show me the turtles over there. Was a nice long walk on a very nice morning, and luckily I only found one tick on my arm trying to latch on (ugh, Maryland and those nasty ticks). We wore Liam out by 11, so it was time for me to get on the train. To make up for the meatless dinner, I had promised the hubs I would request Chipotle on the way to the station - my friend won't let him eat there because it's so bad for you, so I figured it was the least I could do as a thank you since obviously she won't say no to me! Marriage... Anyways, the veggie bowl with avocado on top was super filling and exceeded my expectations, since I'm not a big fan of Chipotle. Once back on the metro, I then saw this advertisement:
Had we not been in the middle of this vegan experiment, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. Now, I'm not one to judge - to each his own - but I'll admit the little girl holding the chicken seemed a bit much for a metro advertisement... Still, interesting the things we notice that normally we'd look right past.

Monday - Today after a rather boring day, I did make it back to the vegan pizza place and this time tried out the vegan baked ziti... Yum!!
Overall, a great couple of days! Now only 4 more days until I am home... I can't WAIT!!

xoxo
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment