Saturday, June 14, 2014

Debbie: Day 25/26

Thursday was a rough day.  Meetings went over time, things got cancelled and rescheduled, and I stayed up half the night sorting and culling.  The boxes in my bedroom are getting more organized, but I fear this is the calm before the storm!

I didn't track calories on Thursday, but I did make Wheatena!  Breakfast was cereal and soy milk with maple syrup and a banana. Yum!

Lunch was catered during my meeting that went forever -- at least they fed us well! The vegan option was tomato soup, served with baguette.  It was a good day for soup -- in the low 60s and kind of damp and chilly.  There were cookies too, and sweetened iced tea.  Usually these catered meetings have salad, but for some reason there was no salad this time.

Snacks were tortilla chips, carrot sticks, blueberries, and dark chocolate.  I went a little heavy on the dark chocolate, which is probably why I stayed up so late!

Dinner was the last of the Indian food -- Chickpea tomato curry and rice, with a romaine salad, plain, and blueberries.

I'm sure Thursday was over calories.

--------

Friday: catch-up day.  I made up a couple of rescheduled therapy appointments, and continued to do the phone call and planning parts of the move.

Breakfast: Wheatena with maple syrup and soy milk.  I also made a blueberry banana smoothie with frozen banana, frozen blueberries, and soy milk.  363 calories.

Lunch: Red kidney bean curry and rice, and a large serving of steamed brussels sprouts (a cup and a half or so).  Brussels sprouts are among my favorite veggies.  223 filling calories.

Snacks: a nectarine, an apple, and half a package of the dried seaweed sheets. 180 calories.

Dinner:  Chris and the kids got Chinese takeout.  The smell of the deep fried crab rangoons, chicken fingers, teriyaki beef, and pork fried rice was both enticing and disgusting.  I ate upstairs in the bedroom so that I wouldn't be tempted to taste any of the other food.

My dinner was brown rice, mixed steamed vegetables with lots of mushrooms and tofu.  No sauce.  A couple of squares of the cranberry hazelnut dark chocolate.  266 calories.  It was tasty and filling, but I would have preferred to be social and eat with everyone else.  Oh well.

This is exactly the kind of thing that made me return to less-healthy, more typical eating before.  Once I get re-hooked on meats and high calorie foods, it's hard to abstain unless I don't eat at the same time or place as others.  Meals should be relaxing and pleasant, not a mental struggle.

Total calories, 1032.  Under my 1300 target, but it balanced yesterday, so all good.  The protein percentage was up today, about 11%.  Must have been the beans and tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment