Sunday, June 8, 2014

Debbie - Day 21: Garden & Canoe

Chris and I worked on the garden this morning, then had a lovely canoe ride up and down the river.  I'm getting good at identifying a dozen or so new species of birds by songs and calls.  We have a song sparrow nest in the iris patch, an oriole nest in a high tree next to the house, cedar waxwings building another just a couple of yards from the deck, and Eastern phoebes underneath it.

We should see a new egg every day or so for 2-3 days.

Breakfast was coffee and fruit.  Iced tea after coming in from the garden.  Lunch was tortilla chips, hummus, raw veggies, cooked broccoli, fresh pineapple.

I drove to Keene to spend some time with my sister, and I had an iced coffee with her -- they do soy milk at Starbucks.  I snacked on the way home, Engine 2 flatbread and a box of raisins.  I wasn't hungry for dinner when I got home, and everyone else had gone to a BBQ or otherwise eaten.

It was a low calorie day -- which is good, because I think the last two or three "untracked" days have been over my calorie limit.

I realized I forgot to include a beer with yesterday's dinner.

Is there really only one week left?

No comments:

Post a Comment