Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lee V-Day Done? ...What happened?

Quick post after we completed the 30-Day Vegan Challenge. I will be going to our clinic tomorrow to pickup a prescription, conduct an eye-exam for my retirement physical, and have blood drawn in support of my retirement physical, but the lab work will also provide a convenient post-treatment snapshot to determined "what happened" to my body during this endeavor. My primary care manager provided a brief note to me regarding my cholesterol readings from pre-diet and my levels were marginally within normal levels, but moving in the wrong direction from earlier tests...hoping\expecting that levels will be well-within normal to good levels after this diet experience and beyond.

...Putting pieces of the puzzle together with independent variables, I ran an ad hoc nutrient report from Loseit! for the past three months and past month (see below). Graph depicts portions (%) of caloric intake associated with Fat, Carbohydrates, and Protein.

Quick analysis indicates that this Vegan diet dramatically cut my fat nutrient content intake and moderately dropped my proteins. As I scan through the content of things that I ate during the two months prior to our Vegan diet, I see many "good" food choices littered with bad, convenient, short-term indulgent choices e.g. Little Debbie snack cakes, nachos & cheese & other tasty toppings, fried chicken\buffalo wings, etc. ...adherence to the vegan diet or perhaps a similar plan screens out many of those (health) costly choices.

Lee's 3-month nutrient intake (pre-Vegan diet period and Vegan diet period):


Lee's 4-week nutrient intake (Vegan diet period):

No comments:

Post a Comment