Friday, June 6, 2014

Linda Day 17/18



Day 17
My usual 4 cups of coffee and an apple for lunch.
Dinner: Two vegan tacos.  That is hard to believe, on so many levels.  Almost everything about Mexican food screams not vegan.  The fat, the dairy, the MEAT.  This was an adventure, vegan tortillas, vegan cheese, and last but not least - vegan imitation meat.  They were actually pretty good. I could have forgone the vegan meat, it was not particularly tasty.  It took salt & pepper to make it palatable. I have to hand it to my husband, he has really tried to find alternatives to make this work.  There was a lot of salsa & Pico de Gallo, mango, vegan refried beans, vegan pepper jack cheese, jalapeños, and vegan ground imitation meat. Topped off with a glass of wine.

Day 18
This morning included 4 cups of coffee, one of which I warmed up after the promotion of two of our students today.  I managed to stay away from the mounds of cheese during the refreshments. 
Dinner: A long week - so a salad, bread with seasoned olive oil, some salt & vinegar chips and a glass of wine.

I really need to get to the end of this vegan experiment, too many Carbs for me.  I do better with some real protein because I feel satisfied longer.  I feel like I eat things that are not rally good for me because I don't feel satisfied. The chips, French fried sweet potatoes, and bread are not items that I would usually eat except on a limited basis.  I have stopped using cream in my coffee which, was not as hard as I expected.

I do think the thing I miss the most is dairy.  I really would like something thick and creamy that lingers for a moment like a wonderful Cream Brule with a Carmel coating that must be cracked with a spoon to get to the warm and smooth wonderfulness.

Bon Appétit


No comments:

Post a Comment