Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mark: Day 23

Festivities at the house are starting to wind down. We had some of our guests leave on Day 22, so Day 23 was a little slower.

Breakfast was oatmeal made with soy milk, and blueberries mixed in, as well as some bread and coffee for 292 calories.

I took my folks out to Palmetto State Park in Gonzales, Texas, to explore some of the local flora. Beautiful park with well maintained walking trails - definitely recommend it if you are in the San Antonio area and like to be outside.


Taking a little break on the trail.


Since we headed out late morning, and we were coming back mid-afternoon, I stopped at Buc-ee's to pick up lunch. This was my lunch - a bag of peanuts and a bag of dried mangoes with chili powder. I'd seen the mangoes with chili many times, but had never bought them. I thought they would make a nice addition to my lunch. They were really interesting and tasty. Some coffee to round it out.

I've been chowing down on chips this week. We haven't had chips in the house in months, and with the party and guests, that seems like all I've been eating. So I had a bunch in the afternoon before dinner when we got back.

For dinner, we got everyone else pizza. I had left over vegetable curry and garbanzo beans and rice. Then we sat out by the pool in the evening and drank some beer.

Day Summary:

Calories consumed: 2,173
Calories burned:         566  (lots of walking)
Weight:                     still haven't weighed in - a little afraid of what I'm going to see.

Nutrients:

Protein:    48g
Carbs:    223g
Fat:          22g


No comments:

Post a Comment