Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mark: day 26

Day 26 was our annual oral boards. We hold the oral boards at a hotel downtown, so I had limited flexibility for food.

I brought a bagel and peanut butter with me in the car for breakfast, with my coffee.

Lunch was at the hotel restaurant. Our alumni association had paid for a prix fixe menu. The only thing I could eat was a salad with vinaigrette. Luckily I had packed a bag of wasabi peas.

So by the time I got home I was pretty hungry.

A colleague had suggested jalapeno and peanut butter sandwiches to Lee and I. I thought that sounded intriguing, except I decided to make it as a calzone!

30 day vegan chellenge

30 day vegan chellenge

30 day vegan chellenge

30 day vegan chellenge

I really liked the combination. Peanut butter was a good substitute for cheese in the calzone, and I think tempered the heat of the peppers a bit.

A little wine with dinner, a little beer before. A nice evening of cooking and cleaning up after, which helped me hit my 10,000 steps, despite the fact that I spent most of the day sitting.

Day summary:

calories consumed: 2,224
calories burned:         481 - 10,507 steps
weight:                   167.1

nutrients:

protein:              52g
carbs:              248g
fat:                    57g

I've been so busy this past week that I haven't done any formal exercise. It's all been cumulative walking around. The FitBit helps me know that I am at least moving, but I am not moving in a way I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment