Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Carrie: Day 22,23,24

Thank goodness I cooked those 2 recipes and the pie over the weekend - I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to make anything this week. So basically the last 3 days have consisted of the exact same things:
Breakfast: Grape Nuts w/ soy milk (Silk Light Regular is my fav) and a glass of OJ
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Tomato&Avocado filling in a wheat pita, and either an apple or some baked potato chips
Dinner: a piece of the Kale&Mushroom Wellington, followed by a piece of the fruit pie :)

Very satisfying, but I can officially say I'm bored!! Time for another recipe… Tomorrow I'm planning on trying gnocchi with a red sauce, but I have to get over to the grocery store to pick up potatoes and fresh basil. Also I'd better come up with a backup plan, because gnocchi can be really, really amazing… or really, really terrible if it goes wrong! I'll give it my best shot…

Since being back home I've definitely found it easier to stick to vegan… Yes, there are many, many temptations and delicious smelling food everywhere, but I think since I've been able to cook (and it's just for me!) I have so many leftovers that my laziness kicks in and it's easy to just stick to the food I already have prepared. Luckily, I already enjoyed cooking and I'm not awful at it, so being able to try new recipes keeps things interesting. That's not to say I'm not going to celebrate with a giant piece of meat at the end of all this - just saying I'm very glad to be back in my kitchen with my recipe books!! 

Honestly though, there are 2 things I miss the most - milk chocolate and EGGS! I didn't eat a ton of milk chocolate before, but it's nice to have the option to eat peanut M&Ms at the movies or a chocolate chip cookie every now and then… And I make a mean chocolate chip cookie!! And eggs… Ahhhhh eggs. Scrambled, hard boiled, for cooking and baking… I need eggs!! Ok, new plan -  I'll skip celebrating with meat and go for some homemade noodles (I use an egg in my dough, it's just not the same with a substitute) followed by some chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven… YUM. I can taste it already!!

Hopefully will have some good things to report on the gnocchi tomorrow...

xoxo
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, I think one lesson of this vegan diet is that we could probably do vegetarian and appreciate the dairy derivatives. Eggs and milk make things so much better.

    ReplyDelete