Sunday, June 1, 2014

Debbie - Day 13: Rough patch

Chris made bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches for the kids for breakfast.  I wasn't tempted to eat any, but I found the smell overpowering.  It made me hungry, hungrier than I really was, I think.

I had a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and figs, soy milk, and maple syrup, and a cup of coffee with soy milk, plus a small bowl of watermelon chunks.  Normally that would be plenty of breakfast.  But that bacon and egg smell lingered, and I kept poking around for more.

I made some toast with peanut butter, and had another cup of coffee.  I ate too much toast, and the second cup of strong coffee put me over the edge in terms of caffeine.  Yet the smell lingered still, and then there were the greasy pans and dishes sitting in the sink and on the counters.  I was clearly full, yet if there had been another piece of toast, I would have eaten it.  Not good.

Breakfast, 848 calories, and I left the mess and went to the office for the day to catch up on report writing.

Fortunately, work kept me busy until 5:00, and all I had in the interim was a cup of tea.

Chris and I went out to a nice restaurant for a quick dinner before showing up to take pictures of Kenzie and her boyfriend at the high school prom.

There was only one vegan option on the menu, a bulgur, arugula, and cannellini bean salad with green beans.  (I wish I had taken a photo of it, it was gorgeous!)  On hearing I was looking for vegan options, the waiter brought hummus with the bread and butter.  I had an excellent glass of wine.

Wanted to remember this one, so I had the waiter write it down.
Total for the day, 1332 calories.  I didn't check the app until the next day, so I don't know what the protein percentage was.

The bacon smell was still there enough the next morning that Chris, who had not yet gone downstairs, asked me if I was cooking more of it!

1 comment:

  1. Bacon, the great meat indulgence...another Pulp Fiction line from Vincent Vega (John Travolta): "Bacon tastes gooood. Pork Chops taste gooood." Interesting how the smell of something so familiar and good drives us.

    ReplyDelete