Friday, June 13, 2014

Mark: Day 25

It's getting redundant -

breakfast - oatmeal made with soy milk, blueberries mixed in. I did have a container of pre-sliced grapefruit. They tasted a bit odd - trying to decide whether to eat the other 5 packages in the box I bought. And of course coffee.

lunch - a good sized bowl of vegetarian chili.

afternoon snack - 2 oz of wasabi peas - they have 10g of protein! (5g per oz)

dinner - the rest of the leftover Indian chickpeas and rice. a bottle of beer.

We hung out and watched Forest Gump together. What a great movie. I had two more beers over the rest of the evening, and a couple of sour pickles.

Day summary:

calories consumed: 1810
calories burned:        253
weight:                    167.1 - not bad considering how much junk I ate over the weekend.

nutrients:

protein:      57g
carbs:       270g
fat:             25g

I'm pleased with the jump in protein. Thank you, Wasabi Peas!






1 comment:

  1. Legumes are a great source of protein. When I was formerly vegan, I tended to eat 1-2 cups a day total, including hummus, peas, beans, lentils, and things like dried peas.

    I still eat beans almost every day. I think your gut accommodates to them, because I never have trouble with "ill effects."

    I promised the story of my accidental vegan year, so I should get to that before the challenge is over!

    ReplyDelete