Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lee V-Day 15, Welcome back, Forest!

Another great day...our friend and colleague, Forest Kim, recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan, spent his first full day, post-deployment in the office. Forest will soon be assuming the duties of Program Director of our MHA-MBA program and so we went out for lunch at Cappy's to catch-up and plan. Cappy's is a semi-upscale, but casual cafĂ©-style restaurant that prides itself on quality cooking and the chefs often interact with customers during the course of dining. As I scanned the menu of wonderful choices, I did not see any choice other than the plain salad that was vegan compliant, but I did see several artisan pizza choices...sooo, I asked if the chef might create a "vegan pizza" for me. The waiter quickly and positively was on the mission and within fifteen minutes or so, this is what arrived:


...as you might notice, one "bite" was already taken when Forest snapped this picture. Upon taking the bite, my reaction was, "this is great...I've got to put it on the blog!"

Box Score for the day:

1,810 calories consumed, 0 calories earned as I only logged 6,170 Fitbit steps in a day filled with meetings, office time, and a great, extended lunch

Breakfast:
Banana
Coffee with Splenda

Lunch:
Artisan Vegan Pizza
Diet Coke

Dinner:
Uncle Ben's Red Beans and Rice
Water

Snacks:
1 small bag, Cape Cod Kettle Cooked chips
Baked potato
Apple with peanut butter
Water

1 comment: